Sunday, September 21, 2008

Put on your big girl panties and go

We have managed to make it through the weekend without harm or accident. This is a first for us for awhile, but I am glad. This week we have made some major changes. We decided that we didn't need the influence of T.V. in our home anymore, and had the satellite turned off. We can still watch movies, but we are very restricted in how much we watch. We moved the TV into the toy room so that the center of our home would be something else. It's nice to have a change, but deciding how the furniture should be is tricky. I want to use the space well, to be restful and inviting and not boring. I think that I need to stare at everything and decide later what is the best thing to do. I could post a picture and see if anyone has a suggestion, but my camera is broken. :^( I really need to do something about that too, because we have a camping trip planned for this weekend.

Yesterday we had a bit of fun. Grandma Bishop and Grandma Clayton came to visit and we had a nice lunch with Josh and his crew. We have had quite the stormy weekend, but there was enough break to go to the fish park with the sun shining. Spencer and Allie LOVE the "Fish Park". The Idaho State fish and game department runs a nature center in one of the public parks, featuring the life cycles of native animals and fish. There is an interpretive center with all kinds of real (stuffed) wildlife, like mountain lions, bears, buffalo, and elk. They have a live turtle that they pull out and let the kids hold, and a turtle (that is a little more skittish and will bite). It was great fun and the kids love to go and look at the fish swim by the window in the stream. It's like a real life fish tank. We have such great parks here! I think that is my favorite thing about Boise. I hope to stay here a long time.

I have one more bit of exciting news before I sign off. ALLIE USED THE POTTY THIS WEEKEND!!! She is so excited about her big girl panties with fairies and her very own potty. She also is loving a treat for sitting there. We haven't had a whole lot of success yet, but we have had some, and are very optomistic. I think I would be in heaven if there were no diapers to change!!! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Yeah, the changes we've made are very exciting! And thank you, Mom and Grandma, for babysitting for us!

Now I know why you were asking about the spelling of "Hallelujah"... (I wouldn't have known how to spell it just now if you hadn't asked me. ;) ) Love you!