Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Migranes


Well, I went to the Neurologist today, and it's official. I am experiencing migraines. It is a little strange. Apparently I have a "cluster". I almost laughed out loud. One of Sam and My favorite movies is "Joe Vs. the Volcano" Where Tom Hanks thinks that he is dying of a condition called a "brain cloud". He isn't really dying, it is a bogus diagnosis, to convince him that he is dying anyway. Luckily the doctor didn't tell me I was dying of a rare condition,. but that I have a "Cluster". I still think that's funny. :^) The good news is that it is treatable, and I shouldn't have much trouble with it. Hopefully if I get exercise, and eat better they may almost go away altogether. I am happy to be doing great!!!

2 comments:

sariah said...

Did they give you a prescription that is safe for pregnancy? I went to the doctor and he said my headaches are vascular- well at least some of them are. But he really hesitated to give me anything besides Tylenol because he said the kind of medicine that works on my headache is the kind that is dangerous to take.....I didn't want to hear that. Luckily mine have been slowing down too. I hope you're feeling better!

Mandy said...

They did give me a prescription, but I haven't filled yet. It's more preventative, so I am trying some other things first. I did want to tell you that my doctor said Excedrin was safe as long as it didn't have the aspirin. Caffeine is fine in moderation. I hope you can find something that works!!