I think it's about time for me to leave an update. I have actually been doing a LOT of things. There was the Homeschool Moms' retreat that I went to that was such a blessing. I have felt so inspired to move ahead and take control of things. There was much talk of taking care of ones self first, and making sure you take the time to build a personal relationship with Heavenly Father. How can we teach our children and prepare them to face the world if we are not prepared ourselves? It has given me much to think about. I have spent a LOT of time in the scriptures and on my knees lately, trying to figure out what the heck I am supposed to do with myself, my life, my family, and my children. It is a tricky thing.
We have also tried to venture into the great world of potty training. I am having a hard time with this. Allie does NOT want to cooperate. I can't figure out how to teach her what to do. I think she is getting really frustrated because she doesn't know what to do or what I want her to do, and I can't catch her in a moment where I can tell her how great she is for doing what she needs to do! It is a problem. I hope that someday I will figure this out. I would love to have a little break from diapers. I have been changing diapers without a break for almost 6 years! I would really like a true break before this baby comes.
1 comment:
Potty training is not so fun. I sympathize. You've probably been trying the whole "oooh, look at your pretty big girl underwear with the princesses.... oh no, you pottied in your pretty underwear! now you have to wear the other kind (the fat pants kind). I'm so SAD- maybe tomorrow, when your pretty underwear is clean you can try again...etc." That kind of thing seemed to work for the girls. Heidi did take longer than I expected- maybe 2 weeks of lots of accidents, whereas Hailey took a day or two. Hailey was a dream.
Post a Comment