Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's Just a House. . .or is it??

We have decided that it is time to move on. We are feeling cramped in our house with the addition of baby number 3. There is a LOT of promise to be able to afford a MUCH larger home if we move across town. We are so excited at the prospect of something new, new friends, new (to us) house, new ward, etc. We have spent the last week packing all we can, cleaning and painting. The house is actually not feeling so cramped, but only because there is hardly anything left. We are really down to the bare essentials. A few toys, a few books, a few clothes, and the big furniture. My beloved red walls have been painted brown, and everything has been moved to look as neutral as possible, so that hopefully the house will sell for what we want, and somewhat quickly. It feels so strange, like I am living in a museum. Yesterday I realized that I am having a little apprehension about the whole thing, which is really strange being that I was the one to push for it in the first place. I am sad to see all my things gone, and the home that I have been working on building for the last 5 years, is looking strange to me. I think the thing that is bothering me is that this is the first place that has really felt like "my home". The first place Sam and I really felt like we owned. I am so excited, but a little nervous. The unknown is always a little scary! Here is Dallin and I painting. He is such a good helper!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Moving? Wowzers. Which part of 'across town' are you looking in? I was reminded last week that homes there are cheaper, maybe even than here now. Good luck with the sale of your home. Sorry the walls are brown in the mean time.

sariah said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't believe Dallin is old enough to paint! What a prodigy! :-) If you can do the moving thing, then I guess I can buckle down and do it too....

Michelle and Tony said...

Good luck with your house, the thought of moving is so exciting to me. I am jealous. Keep us posted.

Kara said...

Oh, MAN! Aiden is going to be super-bummed! We will miss having you down the street, but I certainly understand the concept of moving to a bigger place! Good luck with your sale/finding a new home!