Wednesday, May 19, 2010

small things

"And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.” (D&C 64:33)

This has been on my mind lately, and I thought I would take a few minutes to put some words down. Yesterday Allie and I decided that we would have a tea party for lunch. All it takes is a cookie cutter to make a shape sandwich, and voila! Tea party. small thing. I also stopped to rent Spencer a video game he has been talking about. I am now the best mom, EVER. small thing. I tend to give myself guilt because I don't, or can't do the big things. I don't take my kids on wild vacations, and I don't buy them every cool new toy, and we don't have a water park in our backyard. I do my best, and I do the small things. I guess the small things will add up, and that is what my kids will remember, I was there. big thing.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful thought! You're absolutely right too, it is being there that is the BIG THING! All the little things do help us feeling good about the constant work of being part of their little (big) lives.

Becky said...

I'm sure you are an amazing mom! You are right, it is the little things that we remember. My favorite memories of my mother were some of the little things. Like once when she made pumpkin rolls for after school snacks and I was so happy. Or how she paid for me to have sewing lessons, making tempura shrimp for my birthday, and how much I learned from her example. These are the things your kids will remember not how many times you can take them to Disney Land.

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Mandy!