Saturday, July 24, 2010

New recipes!

I tried 2 new recipes from the latest issue of "Family Fun"
The first was from an ad for pasta:

1 box mini penne cooked.
While it's cooking saute 1 cup onion, 1 cup carrots, and 1 cup peas.
Add Salt and pepper.
When pasta is done add a big ladle of starch water to sauce.
Drain pasta and mix into sauce. Saute a little more.
Just before serving top with a big handful of parmasean, and gently stir.
Get a fork, and dig in!
Everyone loved this, especially Dallin. IT was just right for his little fingers!

The next one was:
Frozen fruit bites
Ingredients
  • 12 vanilla wafer cookies
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • Sliced kiwi, strawberries, or whole blueberries
Instructions
  1. Place liners in a mini-cupcake pan. Put a wafer cookie, flat side up, in the bottom of each well.

  2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice, and honey until smooth. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon on top of each cookie, then top the mixture with the fruit.

  3. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, then place it in the freezer until the fruit bites are firm, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove the tray from the freezer for 15 to 25 minutes before serving. Serves 12.

7 comments:

Kara said...

Yummy! Both sound delicious! Hey... I am making my blog private, and I need to get your email address to invite you to view! Maybe we could get together soon too?!?! :)

Mandy said...

Hey! I would love to get together! You let me know, and you are welcome to come here. I know how hard things can be with a new baby in the house. I have lots of room for the kids to run. Give me a call! oh, and it's mandy@bishop.dhs.org

Kara said...

Any chance you are free Tuesday of next week?!? That would be a great day for a playdate for us! :)

Mandy said...

Tuesday would be great! Let us know a time and place!

Kara said...

Awesome! I'll call you and we can work it out! :)

sariah said...

Those cupcakes are beautiful! The stuff you make always looks good enough to be featured in a cooking magazine. :-)

Mandy said...

this was the picture from the magazine. . .I always forget to take pictures :)