Wednesday, June 8, 2011

who are you?

Hello neglected, but not quite forgotten, blog. You are always on the list but never at the top. You are so close and yet so far away! During my "short" hiatus from you, I have been thinking, "what are you?" It seems like the blogs I read have some direction. Cookies, sewing, scrapbooking, cake pops, hair bows. There is a definite topic. Unfortunately for you, my sad little blog, your author has little direction, and little attention span. I have often been asked, "where do you come up with this stuff?" The answer is simple, "I have no idea, but I seem to need something to entertain myself." So, unforgotten blog, you are just a little of everything, and a whole lot of nothing. You change topic as often as I do, which is often. I have started quilt blocks, and a sun hat, made cupcakes, quilted, made delightful sugarcookies, found some great "vintage" finds, tried several new recipes, worked on teaching myself to knit, seen several cute movies, done some scrapbooking, and taken up biking, all in just the last few weeks!! Not to mention recovering from foot surgery, getting my yard and garden ready for summer, dealing with this strange non-summer weather, and all our lovely poop problems, raising 3 kids, and keeping my house and family clean and fed. I definitely have a little ADD in my head and my life. The one thing that remains constant is that I am always saying that I am just trying to entertain myself. So that is my topic for you, sweet blog. How to entertain one's self in a crazy inconstant world. Try saying that 3 times fast! Bear with me and my ramblings and someday I may find something cool to talk about!

3 comments:

sariah said...

And of course, you must know that I always enjoy seeing how you are "entertaining" yourself. :-)

ps - You really should post a picture of your fabulous quilt!!

Michelle and Tony said...

I like your random topics, I wouldn't want it any other way!

Kara said...

SO glad you're back! :)