Friday, February 20, 2009

Marley and Me

Last night we took the kids to see a movie that was not what we expected. It was good, and I really liked it, but what I thought was going to be a funny family movie about an unruly dog, turned out to be a sad and sweet movie about a family and a dog. There were a few moments that were a little more educational than I would have liked, as the young couple decided to try to have their first baby. Spencer luckily didn't say much about that, but there is a part where the dog gets very sick, and I looked over to see my tough little boy sobbing his eyes out. I think he cried for that dog for well over half an hour. It was really sweet to see him so touched. I felt pretty bad about breaking my son's heart. He was so distraught. I think this was the first time he really thought about death. He asked me, "Why do things have to die?" This was a hard question to answer. I told him about heaven, and being a forever family, that Heavenly Father wants us to happy and live with him again. It really has had me thinking about what the next questions are going to be. There are so many hard questions that are coming. I wish I knew how to tackle his problems for him, and how to help him through the hard stuff. What a quandary!

No comments: