Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Running away from home

I have had a good day with a whirlwind afternoon. As I was making dinner tonight, I let the kids go out to play, and ride their bikes in the culdesac. I was checking on them every few minutes, and told them they were to stay on our street. I went in to stir the dinner, and get it on the table, and then went out to get them and they were GONE. I called or walked to all the neighbor's houses, we looked at all their normal places (The "hideout" bush around the corner) And they were nowhere to be found. To explain a little at this point, I was near a total break down. The stroller, my 5 year old, my 2 year old, and the 7 year old neighbor girl are all gone. We drove up and down the nearby streets, and drove the mile up to the school. They were no where, and I was on the brink of hysterics. They had now been gone for about an hour (with dinner still cooking on the stove). We were standing on the street talking to our neighbor (who was getting worried, but not as much as me) and trying to decide what we should say to the police about our missing children. Just then they came walking up the road. They had decided to walk to the school to play on the playground. I wanted to kiss them and smack them at the same moment. Spencer is grounded from all things fun for about 5 days (which he thinks is an eternity). I hope they remember next time, or I may just be the one to run away from home!!

4 comments:

sariah said...

Did they stroll Alli in the stroller? I've never lost the kids for an HOUR- you really must have thought you were never going to see them again!! (Taylor actually got lost for about an hour with Joel one time, but I didn't hear about it until it was all over with. I think he was about Spencers age)

Mandy said...

They did have the sense to keep Allie in the stroller. I was terrified. I kept wondering if we were going to find them again, and if they were kidnapped, and what to tell the police. It was not my favorite thing they have ever done. I think they maybe won't play with the neighbor girl for awhile. :^)

Jenn and Tyler said...

I am so sorry! The worst part would be the 2 year old missing I think. But I don't know, haven't been there yet, hopefuly never!!! How stressful, glad they had fun.

Selah said...

oh you poor mother!!! hhaha i feel so bad, yeah my mom has 7 children and boy do we get lost a lot!!! i was kidnapped once...oh boy scary but right before the lady kidnapping me left the neighborhood our neighbor came running up to the car and screamed at the woman and grabbed me out... hahah i have a good story to tell my friends. that was like 9 years ago when i was like 4!....im guessing you're mormon? me too:D