I am so thrilled that it is finally December! It is the one thing that I really look forward to in the winter. Somehow I think it makes up for all the cold and dreary days. I am having so much fun getting ready for Christmas. I went shopping this weekend, and I don't think I bought a single thing that didn't require hours and hours of work. I think there is something to be said for personal hand-made gifts. I think that the last thing people need is more stuff. We all have too much stuff!! This year I wanted to let the people I care about know that by putting myself into the gifts I give. We'll see if I am dead or not by Christmas. Maybe next year everyone will just get a candy bar and a smile. :^)
Aside from the gifts to make, I bought fabric for 5 sets of PJs and I had to make new stockings. The ones I had, came out of the box this year very stiff, and smelling oddly of pine. I think the summer in the attic space was too much for the candle I bought last year to balance out the non smell of our fake tree. :^) I decided that I would just make a set of 7 and be done with it. That way, I'll have extras if we have any more kids, and hopefully we can keep these from getting destroyed. cross your fingers. :^)
2 comments:
Now are those 7 stockings for kids only, or do you make them for you and Sam too? :-)
I can't wait to see what you make- oh yes, we won't see you at Christmas! I really am bummed about that. We have to see you guys before Christmas though because I have a couple little things for you guys.
It was so fun to see you all at THanksgiving! Reagan keeps wrapping random things from around the house in scotch tape to give to Spencer. It is so fun to have cousins to be friends with!
You go, Girl! I have always had fun making gifts at Christmas time. I almost made Spencer something this year, but I decided against it in the end. I may still change my mind. I'm trying to fit too much "stuff" into this month already. I can't believe Christmas is only 3 weeks away. It seems like all the busy stuff happens toward the front end of the month, and then about the 15th it's just cookie baking time. Sounds fun, doesn't it? We'll have to yum things up when everybody gets here!!
Mom
Post a Comment